Thanks to the digital age, photo preservation and restoration are more effective and easier than ever. High-resolution scanners can turn old photos, negatives, or slides into digital images that can remain unchanged for generations when properly saved and stored.Tips
- Save permanent "read only" copies of your original scanned photos to avoid unintentionally saving over them.
- Scan photos at 300 dpi and save at the highest quality.
- Store images onto compact disks that are archival quality.
- Make more than one backup copy of photos and store them separately.
- Consider online photo storage.