- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Summer Vacation Mini Album
Design by Erin Roe
Erin brought the sun and surf from a summer beach trip to a three-ring album with a patterned paper-clad chipboard sun on the cover and wavy edges on the interior envelopes. The handy 4x7" album let Erin turn cropped 5x7" prints into full-size album pages placed opposite embellished envelopes that serve as homes for tags of journaling. The journaling pulls, wavy edges, and a ribbon closure add flair even when the album is closed.
SOURCES Album, envelopes: Hot Off the Press. Patterned paper: Cloud 9 Design (solid blue, orange dots), Scenic Route Paper Co. (all other). Font Well Behaved by Two Peas in a Bucket. Stickers: Heidi Grace Designs (numbers), Cloud 9 Design (dots). Rub-ons: Making Memories. Metal accents, ribbon: Flair Designs. Chipboard: Junkitz. Circle punch, crimper, paper-tearing ruler: Fiskars.
To make the inside pages:
1. Adhere long strips of ribbon to the inside covers so that the book can be tied shut. Cover a large chipboard circle with patterned paper and cut it in half. Adhere each semicircle where the ribbon was attached. Cut a larger semicircle outline, cut in half, and adhere around chipboard semicircles.
2. Punch holes in 5x7" photos to coordinate with the binder rings, back them together and place in the album. Insert envelopes in the binder. Using a paper tearer, trim wavy edges on strips of blue patterned paper. Adhere the strips to the edge of each envelope. Adhere 3x6" blocks of patterned paper to the center of each envelope.
3. Punch 2" circles of patterned paper and adhere them onto the envelopes as shown. Punch 1" circles of patterned paper and adhere them to the centers of the 2" circles. Adhere beach-theme metal embellishments to the centers of the circles. Cut 4-1/2" circle outlines and adhere them around solid circles, trimming as needed. Journal on 3-1/2x7" pieces of white cardstock, punch holes in the tops, and tie pieces of ribbon through the holes. Place the journaling blocks inside the envelopes.
To make the cover:
- Cover the front of the album with blue dot patterned paper. Adhere a small strip of green dot patterned paper at the top. Add rub-on letters to spell "summer" along the divide.
- Punch a 1-1/2" circle of red dot patterned paper and add number stickers for the year. Adhere the circle where the blue and green papers meet.
- Cover a large chipboard circle and semicircle with patterned paper and trim their left edges. Adhere them to the bottom left of the cover as shown.
- Cut chipboard into long triangles, cover with patterned paper, and adhere them around the semicircle to form sunrays. Hand-cut curvy sunrays from yellow patterned paper and adhere them around the semicircle.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.