Take the plunge and make a completely digital layout. Candi Gershon used an assortment of digital papers, ribbons, and brads to construct a timeless page. Remember to save often and you can't go wrong.
SOURCES Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. Font: Linenstroke off the Internet. Digital elements: Forever Grateful kit (kraft and striped papers, stitched tag), Lucky Star kit (inked overlay, brads), Snippets: Felties Ribbon Collection 2 (ribbon) all from Digital Design Essentials. Design: Candi Gershon.
- Open a new 12x12", 300 dpi canvas in your photo-editing program. Open your background paper and use the move tool to drag it over. Open a second paper; drag and crop it.
- Drag your photo onto your canvas. Click one of the photo's corners and resize as needed (constrain the proportions by holding down the Shift key).
- Open and add your title element to the page. Click on the type tool in the toolbox. Click and drag the mouse to create a rectangle where you'd like your text. Type the text.
- Add brads as bullet points next to your journaling by opening the brad file and dragging it onto the layout. To help with placement, you may want to go to View>>Grid.
- Drag the ribbon onto your canvas. To place it over the papers but under the photo, click Layer>>Arrange>>Send Backward. You also can rearrange layers in the Layers palette.
- To add drop shadows, go to Layer>> Layer Style>>Drop Shadow. Adjust the size by going to Layer>>Layer Style>>Style Settings. Adjust the sliders as desired.