Organizing digital photos may seem daunting, but once you become familiar with a system, it’s easy to maintain. Check out our sorting tips.
- Get photos off your camera’s memory card as soon as possible.
- Sort photos by person, year, or event.
- Once your photos are on your computer, tag them. Most photo organization programs have this option.
- If you don’t have tagging capabilities, use the file name a a way to label the photo. Rename “IMG0027″ “Soccer Team” to make it more identifiable.
- If you duplicate a photo and convert it to black-and-white, add an identifying factor to the end of its name, like “bw,” to make it easier to sport which photo to print.
- If you have a laptop, label your photos while watching TV or sitting on a plane.
Have printed photos you need to organize? See our tips here.
2 Responses to “Sort Digital”