Prints can pile up quickly. Turn to these tips to help wrangle your collection.
Split your prints into three piles: give, toss, and keep.
- Give: Duplicates can go to family and friends.
- Toss: If a photo doesn’t tell a story or spark an emotion, throw it out.
- Keep: Organize this pile once you’ve sorts your stash.
Sort the photos you want to keep by date, people, or event. Think about how you’ll be looking for them later and sort in that style.
Minimize mess by sorting one album or box of photos at a time. Use clear plastic tubs to hold your piles so you can just slip the lid on them and tuck them away at quitting time.
Label your photos as you sort. Depending on your sorting method, labeling could be as easy as using:
- Dividers: Add the dates and place them between photos.
- Photo-safe envelopes: Label them and use to store piles.
- Photo-safe pens: Mark the back of each photo with relevant information.
7 Responses to “Sort and Label Prints”