In our June issue, we included these adorable baby booties as the opener for our “Bundle of Joy” story. Here’s a source list and step-by-step instructions so you can make your own!
1. Print the template onto cardstock. Cut and fold it according to the manufacturers directions.
2. Die cut, emboss, and ink two flowers. (Julie used Spellbinders’ S5-050 Rose Creations #1 and #2 for each shoe.)
3. Using adhesive dots, adhere the larger flower to the side of the shoe and add a threaded button to the center.
4. Adhere the smaller flower to the front of each shoe and embellish them with pearls.
5. Adhere pom pom trim to the shoes.
6. Add crepe paper to the back to cover the seam.
7. Embellish the back of each shoe with a bow, and decorate the top of each shoe with pearls.
SOURCES Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper. Patterned paper: KaiserCraft (yellow), Melissa Frances (crepe paper). Buttons: Fancy Pearls: Creative Impressions. Die, die-cutting tool: Spellbinders. Ink: ColorBox by Clearsnap. Trim: Maya Road, MemrieMare Etsy shop. Template: KaiserCraft. Design: Julie Overby.
2 Responses to “Baby Booties”