Love the jewelry box and bottle cap necklace from the December issue (page 80)? Here’s how to make them.
Collect bottle caps from beverages (these were twist off caps from sparkling juice bottles) and wash them. Punch a hole in the top of the cap using a heavy-duty hole punch, such as the Crop-a-Dile. Punch a patterned paper circle to fit in the cap. (We used a 1″ punch.) Adhere the patterned paper with liquid adhesive, and consider sealing with a coat of dimensional adhesive (Mod-Podge, Glossy Accents, or Diamond Glaze) overtop. Once it is dry, add a chipboard letter or embellishment and a ring through the punched hole, then string on a chain.
Vicki Boutin decorated a wooden box found at a dollar store to create this jewelry box.
- Spray the inside of the wooden box with ink.
- Cover the outside of the box with fabric tape and spray with ink. Let dry.
- Hammer bottle caps to flatten and add paper circles to the centers. Glue the bottle caps to the sides of the box.
- Creatae fabric blossoms by winding cotton fabric in a spiral shape. Adhere it to a cardstock circle using fabric glue.
- Spray the fabric flowers with ink. Let dry.
- Attach stacks of buttons to the bottom of the box to create legs.
- Adhere the fabric flowers to the top. Embellish.
One Response to “Jewelry Box + Bottle Cap Necklaces”