By now I hope you’ve all had a chance to read the October issue! Here are a few fun facts about the making of the magazine.
- Picking which answers are included on the Masthead is always difficult, but, as bookworms, we hated having to choose which books got a mention and which didn’t. (Green Eggs and Ham, Stuart Little, Anne of Green Gables, and the Trixie Belden series were the other responses.)
- The inspiration for the opener on page 17 came from Lisa Storms’ layout on pages 20-21. We loved that little journaling block so much, we asked her to recreate it for the opener!
- We often get asked about the fonts we use in the magazine, such as the cursive school-theme font used in “Making the Grade.” We used School Script Dashed for all of the project headers.
- We fell in love with the paper flowers on page 55. Senior Associate Art Director Deb Berger has now made dozens of them!
- The photo insert on the red MyStik on page 72 features Deb’s daughter Anna and one of her friends.
- Every time we discussed “Hot Pockets” on page 74, Michelle would sing the title just like they do in the commercials. It made us wish we could put a sound chip in the magazine!
4 Responses to “Behind the Scenes: October 2010”