These yummy snow cones appear in our August issue (on page 12). Here’s how you can make your own.
1. Punch a circle from cardstock, then coat the top 3/4″ with a thick layer of dimensional adhesive, like Aleene’s Paper Glaze. Pour chunky crystal glitter on top, then gently press the glitter into the adhesive. Sprinkle another thin layer of glitter, then allow it to dry.
2. Once the adhesive it dry, randomly ink the glitter with alcohol ink.
3. Create a simple cone template with the top the same width as the widest part of the inked glitter. Trace the cone onto patterned paper and trim.
4. Create the illusion of wrapped paper by taking a small piece of the same patterned paper, adhering it at a random angle near the bottom of the cone,and trimming off the excess.
5. Roll a piece of white printer paper, use adhesive to secure the roll, then attach it to the top of the cone.
SOURCES Cardstock: WorldWin Papers. Patterned paper: BoBunny Press (green, blue), Chatterbox (orange), Making Memories (purple). Ink: Ranger Industries. Punch: Fiskars. Adhesive: Aleene’s Paper Glaze. Glitter: Jo-Ann Stores. Design: Lisa Storms.
5 Responses to “Make Snow Cone Accents”